Bringing traditional Greek and Mediterranean recipes and sharing our passion for eating, drinking, family & life. The Real Greek is a small company consisted with great individuals that have worked in the company for years. We provide fantastic training and development, a competitive pay structure and plenty of opportunities to progress.
Full training will be given in our menu and daily operations, but you will need to hit the ground running. It is vital that you are comfortable with a grill, reading tickets and delegating the food orders to the correct stations/chefs. The Real Greek is a family, and we are looking for someone who will motivate the staff and help train and build the team with our Head Chef.
Interested in joining our Real Greek family and ready to share our passion for Mediterranean food?
If it’s a yes… Then send over your CV!
Day-to-day management of the Kitchen
- To ensure that the Kitchen is operated to TRG Standards
- To support and communicate regularly and effectively with the Head Chef.
- To ensure correct prep levels and instructions are left for Chefs / Kitchen Porters
- To assist in ensuring all stock levels are managed and accounted for
- To ensure that the Kitchen is fully maintained and serviced as required
- To work towards meeting audit expectation
- To be able to lead the kitchen whilst the Head Chef is not present
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to remain calm and to work under pressure
- Communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Financial awareness and strong organisation skills
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team focused environment
- Ability to motivate and lead others
Food Quality, Presentation and Hygiene
- Attend health & safety training, food safety training
- To ensure that all food presented to customers is prepared with the freshest ingredients to TRG standard
- To be responsible for ensuring all kitchen staff are preparing and presenting quality food ( following correct food and hygiene standards)
- To report any issues with food quality and freshness from the suppliers or the Central Kitchen to the General Manager and Head Chef
- To follow the Stock Labelling (DOT system) and Rotation System (FIFO) to ensure the products are identifiable and used in the correct order
- To communicate any equipment issues
- To check the quality and quantity of all received produce
- To ensure that all kitchen paperwork is completed correctly
- To ensure that all kitchen paperwork is completed correctly such as cleaning schedules and temperature checks
- Development of the Kitchen team
- To support the Head Chef in training candidates for kitchen roles
- To ensure that all kitchen teams are managed and performing to their best abilities by providing excellent training and development
- Provide feedback to Head Chef of fellow team mates