The Real Greek is a small and friendly company with fantastic training and development, a competitive pay structure and plenty of opportunities to progress.
Interested in joining our Real Greek family? Do you have passion for hospitality and providing an amazing service? Send over your CV!
Benefits of Prep Chef
- Great opportunities to progress within the company
- Staff eat the same delicious food as our customers
- Flexible hours with rotas planned weekly
Requirements of Prep Chef
- Strong kitchen experience essential
- Calm and able to work under pressure
- Able to communicate clearly and promptly
- Flexible with tasks and working hours
Responsibilities of Prep Chef
- Undertake all Kitchen Porter responsibilities where relevant/needed.
- Open your section and ensure you are ready for service.
- Prepare dishes in line with company specs at all times.
- Support the Senior Chef on duty to ensure a smooth service.
- Prep food in line with prep lists.
Food Quality, Presentation and Hygiene
- To ensure that all food presented to customers is prepared with the freshest ingredients and to TRG standard
- To be responsible for preparing and presenting quality food and all final products leaving the kitchen are to the Company Standard
- To report any issues with food quality and freshness from suppliers or the central kitchen to the Head / Senior chef or the General Manager
- To follow the Stock Labelling (DOT system) and Rotation System (FIFO) to ensure the products are identifiable and used in the correct order
- To be aware of correct temperatures for deliveries, storage and cooking and recording them on the temp log sheets daily
- To actively support Head / Senior Chef in implementing any menu changes following the Company